Eddie Hearn has confirmed that both Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury have now agreed on a fight site for the undisputed heavyweight world championship this summer. Last Sunday, the offers were presented to the fighters and their teams and now it appears the wheels are in motion for an official announcement.
Hearn told Behind The Gloves, while away in Miami for Demetrius Andrade’s WBO middleweight world title defence against Liam Williams: “Both sides have approved the site offer they want to go with, we are now finalising the site offer and we’re in a good place.”
Understandably, Hearn was apprehensive to reveal exactly where the fight will be taking place.
Saudi Arabia, which staged AJ’s rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr in December 2019, is believed to be the frontrunner.
Fury confirmed last week before flying to Las Vegas to begin his training that he’d finally received a series of fight offers.
“Just had some big news. Three or four big offers on the table,” he said in a video on Twitter.
“There’s interest from Saudi Arabia, my Gypsy brothers in Qatar, Uzbekistan, Russia, America, England,” he said.
“There’s some big, big offers on the table. I’m going to go through them on Sunday and hopefully we can get this big fight on and I can smash this big dosser.
“Big useless dosser, let me say. Because when I get him I’m going to give him that [clenched fist], you big dosser.”