Juventus attacker Paulo Dybala could be set to leave the Italian giants in the summer transfer window after a significant deterioration in his relationship with club chiefs, according to reports. The 27-year-old, who is under contract until the end of next season, has been linked with the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal in recent weeks.
The Blues are on the hunt for a new striker ahead of the new season and have reportedly earmarked Dybala as a potential alternative to Borussia Dortmund talisman Erling Haaland.
Meanwhile, Arsenal may be faced with losing Real Madrid loanee Martin Odegaard at the end of the campaign amid speculation that Los Blancos would not consider letting the Norwegian playmaker leave on a permanent basis, and could turn to Dybala if they are unable to secure his services.
A number of other attacking and creative targets have been linked with the Gunners in recent months, including Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard and Barcelona misfit Philippe Coutinho.
Dybala has endured an injury-hit season with the Serie A heavyweights, and has not featured since January after suffering a troublesome knee ligament problem that has kept him sidelined ever since.
Despite his unfortunate recent luck, he has consistently struggled to hold down a spot in the side under current boss Andrea Pirlo, as well as with Maurizio Sarri and Massimiliano Allegri in previous years.
JUST IN: Five players Arsenal could sell to help fund Odegaard and Hakimi bids
However, it seems as though his Juventus nightmare could finally be cut short in the coming months as there is no longer any possibility that his relationship with the club can be saved, according to Calciomercato.
The report claims that Dybala’s involvement in breaking COVID-19 regulations on Wednesday with a group of his team-mates was the straw that broke the camel’s back.
The Argentina international is said to have attended a party with fellow Juventus stars Arthur and Weston McKennie, a decision that has angered the club’s hierarchy to the point of no return.
It is claimed that the prospect of a new contract is now ‘really over’, with plans already having been shelved prior to Dybala’s midweek shenanigans after the forward rejected an offer in December.
Juventus want to sell their man this summer but are worried that he could opt to simply run down his current deal, which is likely to pose significant financial problems amid the damaging effects of the ongoing pandemic.
It remains to be seen whether the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal will chase his signature during the summer months or turn to other targets.
Juventus vice-president Pavel Nedved recently delivered a strong hint that Dybala would be sold at the end of the season, suggesting that all bids would be seriously considered.
“We missed Dybala,” Nedved told DAZN last week. “I think he hasn’t played more than 800 minutes with us this season. His presence would give us more options upfront.
“He has one year left in his contract and I have nothing to add to what [chief football officer Fabio] Paratici and [chairman Andrea] Agnelli already said. Juventus will evaluate every opportunity in the market.”
Dybala has played just 16 times for Juventus in all competitions this season, chipping in with three goals and a pair of assists.
He joined the club from Serie A rivals Palermo in 2015 for a fee in the region of £36million.