With just under an hour until lights out, we have rain quite heavy rain Imola….
Welcome to coverage of the Emilia Romagna GP!
News this morning is that Yuki Tsunoda has been given a five-place grid penalty. He moves from 20th on the grid…to 20th on the grid.
Complete new power unit, exhaust system and gearbox after his crash in qualifying yesterday.
Other news… Formula One is heading to Miami! The event next year will be the first in a ten-year deal, meaning the United States will host two races in 2021.
Our reporter Archie Briggs has the full story here.
Lewis Hamilton took his 99th pole position and will start alongside Sergio Perez who starts on the front row for the first time in his career.
Lando Norris could have been third but he exceeded track limits and starts seventh instead in a fast McLaren car.
1. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
2. Sergio Perez (Red Bull)
3. Max Verstappen (Red Bull)
4. Charles Leclerc (Ferrari)
5. Pierre Gasly (Alpha Tauri)
6. Daniel Ricciardo (McLaren)
7. Lando Norris (McLaren)
8. Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes)
9. Esteban Ocon (Alpine)
10. Lance Stroll (Aston Martin)
11. Carlos Sainz (Ferrari)
12. George Russell (Williams)
13. Sebastian Vettel (Aston Martin)
14. Nicholas Latifi (Williams)
15. Fernando Alonso (Alpine)
16. Kimi Raikkonen (Alfa Romeo)
17. Antonio Giovinazzi (Alfa Romeo)
18. Mick Schumacher (Haas)
19. Nikita Mazepin (Haas)
20. Yuki Tsunoda (Alpha Tauri)
Hello and welcome to our coverage of the Emilia Romagna GP from Imola with lights out at 2pm.
Lewis Hamilton starts on pole position for the 99th time in his career as he looks to start 2021 with two straight wins despite the Mercedes not being as fast as the Red Bull.
With the tight track at Imola if Hamilton can maintain the lead from the start he could be very hard to beat.
We will bring you all the action as it happens throughout the afternoon.