The draw for the $3 million, Grade 1 Kentucky Derby was held Tuesday morning at Churchill Downs.
Essential Quality, trained by Louisville native Brad Cox, was named the 2-1 favorite in the morning line. He drew the No. 14 post position in the full field of 20.
The Derby has an approximate post time of 6:57 p.m. Saturday and will be televised by NBC.
Post position, horse, trainer, jockey, morning-line odds
1. Known Agenda, Todd Pletcher, Irad Ortiz Jr., 6-1
2. Like the King, Wesley Ward, Drayden Van Dyke, 50-1
3. Brooklyn Strong, Daniel Velazquez, Umberto Rispoli, 50-1
4. Keepmeinmind, Robertino Diodoro, David Cohen, 50-1
5. Sainthood, Todd Pletcher, Corey Lanerie, 50-1
6. O Besos, Greg Foley, Marcelino Pedroza, 20-1
7. Mandaloun, Brad Cox, Florent Geroux, 15-1
8. Medina Spirit, Bob Baffert, John Velazquez, 15-1
9. Hot Rod Charlie, Doug O’Neill, Flavien Prat, 8-1
10. Midnight Bourbon, Steve Asmussen, Mike Smith, 20-1
11. Dynamic One, Todd Pletcher, Jose Ortiz, 20-1
12. Helium, Mark Casse, Julien Leparoux, 50-1
13. Hidden Stash, Vicki Oliver, Rafael Bejarano, 50-1
14. Essential Quality, Brad Cox, Luis Saez, 2-1
15. Rock Your World, John Sadler, Joel Rosario, 5-1
16. King Fury, Kenny McPeek, Brian Hernandez Jr., 20-1
17. Highly Motivated, Chad Brown, Javier Castellano, 10-1
18. Super Stock, Steve Asmussen, Ricardo Santana Jr., 30-1
19. Soup and Sandwich, Mark Casse, Tyler Gaffalione, 30-1
20. Bourbonic, Todd Pletcher, Kendrick Carmouche, 30-1
Kentucky Derby 2021: Why your horse can and can’t win the Kentucky Derby
Jason Frakes: 502-582-4046; [email protected]; Twitter: @KentuckyDerbyCJ.