After ITV confirmed I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! would not air over the weekend as production has been hit by Storm Arwen, it was later revealed the stars were evacuated from the castle. Those taking part in the series would be put into quarantine until it was safe to return to the castle and it is possible to start filming again.
An ITV spokesperson said: “Whilst we get the production base back up and running after suffering technical issues due to the storm, we have removed the celebrities from the castle.”
The remaining celebrities which includes Frankie Bridge, Arlene Phillips and Simon Gregson, will be individually returned to quarantine to remain civid-secure.
They will go back to their camp quarters when the whole production is safely re-established.
It comes after ITV announced no live show would be broadcast over the weekend with a montage episode airing in its place.
READ MORE: Richard Madeley I’m A Celeb exit ‘a mistake’ as co-star issues warning
ITV announced in a statement: “Owing to technical difficulties caused by extreme weather conditions in the area, there will be no new episodes of I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! this weekend (Saturday and Sunday).
“I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! will be replaced tonight and tomorrow night in the ITV schedules by compilation shows (voiced by Ant & Dec) featuring best moments from previous series.”
The broadcaster insisted its cast and crew’s safety was of utmost importance and they would monitor the situation.
Only essential crew were allowed to remain on site while the celebrities were inside.
The series has suffered a series of setbacks with Richard Madeley rushed to hospital and then withdrawn from the show earlier in the week.
Richard said on his Instagram at the time: “Richard here – firstly just to say that I’m absolutely FINE.
“I started to feel briefly unwell in the small hours of the morning and was taken to hospital as a precaution.
“By leaving the Camp, I had consequently broken the Covid ‘bubble’ and as such, I’ve had to leave the Castle and all the wonderful Celebs that remain in the camp.”
Viewers were devastated to see Richard go as he’d quickly become a fan favourite.
His exit came as Simon Gregson and Adam Woodyatt entered the castle late as Lords.
The soap stars were thrown into the deep end as they undertook a task in front of their future campmates to win food for dinner. Fortunately the pair won an 11 stars out of 12.
Elsewhere, both Naughty Boy and Arlene have threatened to walk out as they struggled with being inside the castle.
I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! continues Monday on ITV at 9pm.