15.9 C
Los Angeles
Saturday, May 21, 2022

Meghan and Harry tipped for 'second Oprah interview' to do 'major damage control'

NewsMeghan and Harry tipped for 'second Oprah interview' to do 'major damage control'


Last year, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex took part in an interview with the US chat show host where they made a series of claims about their time as members of the Firm. The allegations made by Meghan Markle, 40, and Prince Harry, 37, caused shockwaves among the public and the Royal Family.

After airing, Buckingham Palace released a statement that said “while some recollections may vary” the issues were “taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately”.

Now, the duo could be prepared to make further bombshell claims again after former Vanity Fair editor Tina Brown blasted the couple in her new book.

Ms Brown interviewed a slew of insiders and royal contacts for the contents of her recently released royal tome ‘The Palace Papers’.

A source said to be close to the Duchess, said that the claims made by Tina Brown had “really gotten under Meghan’s skin”.

As a result, they claim the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were looking to “come out fighting” by implementing some “major damage control”.

The source told Heat magazine: “These latest claims have really gotten under Meghan’s skin. She’s told her team that something needs to be done.

“She’s so sick of the negative headlines and she’s desperate to come out fighting with some major damage control. “

“Meghan feels as though doing another chat with Oprah is the best way to change the narrative and counter all the negative claims she’s read about herself recently.

READ MORE: Princess Beatrice’s daughter Sienna tipped for public appearance

“Instead of being excited when thousands of people showed up at the [Sydney] Opera House, it was very much like, ‘What’s the purpose? I don’t understand this,’ the ex-staffer said.”

Ms Brown added: “The ‘this’ being the representational role of the British monarchy and its traditional agenda, rather than the focus on causes she wanted to spotlight.

“Such engagements are old school, yes, but create classic royal ties that bind.”

During the interview with Oprah last year, Meghan and Harry covered a wide range of topics.

The series of bombshell claims made by the duo saw them being accused of severely damaging the Royal Family’s international reputation, while others questioned the accuracy of their allegations.

In the interview, the couple claimed there had been “concerns and conversations” raised by a member of the family about what colour Archie’s skin would be.

Following his wife’s allegation, Harry said: “That conversation, I am never going to share.”

“At the time, it was awkward, I was a bit shocked.”

They also claimed that a rift had arisen between Harry and Prince Charles, with the Duke claiming that at one point his father had “stopped taking my calls”.

After their sitdown chat hit the small screen, the couple faced backlash on an international scale.

Despite the time period since it was broadcast, commentators still examine the couple’s serious allegations against the Palace regarding its approach to race and mental health.

Representatives for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were contacted for comment by Express.co.uk



Check out our other content

Check out other tags:

Most Popular Articles