Breaking News

No regrets! Meghan and Harry are NEVER coming back to UK after quitting Royal Family


Meghan and Prince Harry have found a silver lining in the pandemic, which forced most people around the world to slow down and remain at home to protect themselves from COVID-19, according to royal biographer Omid Scobie. The expert said the couple have grown stronger during 2020, leaving them with no doubt about the groundbreaking decision they announced one year ago.

Mr Scobie said: “There was a time when it was just the three of them and they coped without childcare.

“It strengthened them as a couple and Harry and Meghan really are happier and more in love than ever.

“There’s no doubt in their minds that leaving the Royal Family was the right thing for them.”

Speaking to OK! magazine, the expert added: “They were living at 100 miles an hour and, had it not been for the pandemic, they probably would have continued that way in their own projects. 

“But the pause came at the right time for them to rest and reevaluate what’s important.

“In a way, 2020 was the year they really needed.”

Mr Scobie’s revelation comes after a source close to the Sussexes claimed they “don’t regret” Megxit, Meghan and Harry’s decision to quit as full-time working members of the Royal Family. 

An insider told People magazine: “Despite everything that has been going on this year, they don’t regret their move to the US. 

READ MORE: Prince Harry ‘spotted’ next to Biden on Inauguration Day

“They love that they are able to focus on projects and causes that are important to them.”

Indeed, another source added, no longer being tied to the Sovereign Grant has allowed Meghan and Harry to make a dream of theirs come true.

A source close to the couple told the magazine: “It was always their dream to be financially independent and pay their own way.”

Meghan and Harry set out on January 8 last year a plan for their future. 

DON’T MISS 

In a bombshell statement shared on a newly-launched website, SussexRoyal.com, and their now-defunct Instagram account, Meghan and Harry said they wanted to “step back” as senior royals to carve out a progressive new role within the family.

According to their statement, the Sussexes would have become part-time working royals, financially independent but still allowed to carry out royal engagements.

However, the couple were not allowed to leave the Royal Family on their terms and, after a summit at Sandringham a few days after their statement was published, they agreed on becoming non-working royals able to live abroad and pursue financial deals.

In turn, Prince Harry had to relinquish his military patronages and he and Meghan can no longer use their HRH styles. 

Meghan and Prince Harry began their post-Megxit lives in the US at the end of March last year, when they officially stepped down as senior royals.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have since established their new brand, Archewell, and struck multi-year deals believed to be worth millions.

As revealed in February last year, the Megxit deal is subjected to a 12-month review period.

At the end of it, in March, the royals are expected to reconvene to make sure the terms of the agreement work for everyone.

However, it has recently been claimed the review has been cancelled as there is “no need” to rediscuss a deal that is already working. 

Royal expert Katie Nicholl told True Royalty TV: “My understanding from the Sussexes camp is that there has been communication with the Queen, Prince Charles and with William as well.

“The general feeling is that this [current situation] is working.

“This isn’t to say that people are not watching closely what these deals are, what the couple are doing and what these projects are going to be.

“But there is not this need to have this review one year on.”   



Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button