Piers Morgan 'officially worried' for Queen as she pulls out of COP26 on doctors' orders


Piers Morgan, 56, has taken to Twitter to share an article about the Queen pulling out of the upcoming COP26 climate change reception in Scotland. A statement from Buckingham Palace said the royal had “regretfully decided” to give the event a miss on doctors’ orders.

Reacting to the post, the journalist wrote: “I’m now officially worried about the Queen.

“Very unusual for her to miss big events like this. Hope she gets all the rest & treatment she needs.”

The Palace’s full statement reads: “Following advice to rest, The Queen has been undertaking light duties at Windsor Castle.

“Her Majesty has regretfully decided that she will no longer travel to Glasgow to attend the Evening Reception of COP26 on Monday, 1st November.

“Her Majesty is disappointed not to attend the reception but will deliver an address to the assembled delegates via a recorded video message.”

The 95-year-old was scheduled to attend the event in Glasgow with Prince Charles and Camilla as well as Prince William and Kate.

Piers also wished the royal well following her overnight stay in hospital, where she underwent some preliminary tests, last week.

Concerns were raised after she cancelled a two-day visit to Northern Ireland as doctors told her to rest. 

The Queen returned to work on Tuesday and carried out her duties virtually from Windsor Castle.

Many of Piers’ eight million followers flocked to his post to share their thoughts.

Martyn wrote: “I think losing Prince Phillip has taken its toll. Get some rest your majesty.”

Jordan Wylde commented: “Me too. Unsurprising given her age though losing her husband will no doubt affect her health.

“Given time and rest, I’m sure she’ll bounce back.”

“Long Live Our Queen,” Mercury penned.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.