On Monday, it was revealed the Metropolitan Police will be taking “no further action” into allegations said to have been committed in London in 2001. Scotland Yard said they conducted two reviews of recent material into claims.
However, after these reviews, the police have now decided to drop their investigation.
The Metropolitan Police said they would still be liaising with other law enforcement agencies that are still investigating Jeffrey Epstein.
However, the Met has not given any details of who these agencies are.
In a statement, Scotland Yard said: “The Metropolitan Police Service continues to liaise with other law enforcement agencies who lead the investigation into matters related to Jeffrey Epstein.
“As a matter of procedure, MPS officers reviewed a document released in August 2021 as part of a US civil action.
“This review has concluded and we are taking no further action.
“We also reviewed information passed to us by a media organisation in June 2021.
“This review is complete and no further action will be taken.”
READ MORE: Jennie Bond warned Meghan over her ‘massively extravagant’ spending
Virginia Giuffre is currently launching a US civil case against Prince Andrew.
She has accused him of sexually abusing her two decades ago.
However, the Duke of York has always denied these allegations.
Ms Giuffre has also accused convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein of abuse.
She signed a confidential settlement deal with the deceased financier in 2009 as part of a Florida state case.
Epstein’s estate agreed to let Prince Andrew’s legal team review the legal document and at a hearing in Manhatten District Judge Loretta Preska granted this approval.
One of Prince Andrew’s lawyers, Andrew Brettler, spoke to the judge that is overseeing Ms Giuffre’s lawsuit that he believed the agreement “absolves our client from any and all liability”.
During a pre-trial hearing of the case last month, he said: “There has been a settlement agreement that the plaintiff has entered into in a prior action that releases the duke and others from any and all potential liability.”
In his disastrous interview on Newsnight back in 2019, the Duke denied anything untoward had happened in London and sought to use a trip to Pizza Express in Woking as an alibi.
Andrew previously issued a statement saying he “continues to unequivocally regret my ill-judged association with Jeffrey Epstein”.