Prince Harry urged to return for Christmas with Queen 'She's not getting any younger'


Prince Harry, 37, and Meghan Markle, 40, have not given any suggestion around where they will spend Christmas but many have speculated if they will return to visit the Royal Family. Royal commentator Gwen Flamberg insisted the Duke and Duchess of Sussex should visit as the Queen is “not getting any younger”. Concern for the health of the Queen has been heightened in recent weeks after she pulled out of a number of major engagements, spent a night in hospital, and was ordered to rest by royal doctors.

Speaking to Us Weekly, Ms Flamberg said: “I wish that they would go for Christmas.

“The Queen’s Christmas brunch is always a very big deal.

“I’m not quite sure if it will go off as it did before the pandemic because the pandemic is still going on.

“But let’s just say, she’s not getting any younger and I would hope they would spend ample time together.”

READ MORE: Donald Trump views Meghan Markle as ‘future political opponent’

It comes as royal expert Jonathan Sacerdoti has said it would be a “great opportunity for some family healing”.

Speaking to Express.co.uk, Mr Sacerdoti said: “I imagine that the Queen would like to have them there.

“I can see why it’s very difficult for them to be able to come back for Christmas but also it could be a great opportunity for some bridge-building and for some family healing and I think that they would probably want that and the rest of the family would probably want that.

“The problem is there would be masses of speculation and gossip surrounding it and that’s not something of them should want and that might be they don’t manage to do it.

It comes as Harry said on Tuesday that the term “Megxit,” a phrase used by the British press to describe the decision by him and his wife Meghan to quit their royal duties, was a misogynistic term Harry was speaking by video on a panel called “The Internet Lie Machine,” organized by US technology and culture magazine “Wired.”

He said the word was an example of online and media hatred.

“Maybe people know this and maybe they don’t, but the term Megxit was or is a misogynistic term, and it was created by a troll, amplified by royal correspondents, and it grew and grew and grew into mainstream media. But it began with a troll,” Harry said. He did not elaborate.

Harry and Meghan, formally known as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, moved to California last year to lead a more independent life. Harry has said that part of the reason for their departure was the racist treatment of Meghan, whose mother is Black and whose father is white, by the British tabloid media.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.