Princess Charlene to miss twins' birthday as Prince Albert insists marriage not in danger


Princess Charlene briefly returned to Monaco in November after spending nearly eight months in South Africa after contracting a mysterious disease that forced her to undergo several operations. Prince Albert discussed the latest developments in his wife’s health, insisting his Charlene’s absence from Monaco was agreed to ensure her full recovery as he dismissed talks of trouble in their marriage. Charlene’s absence however could mean she will miss out on the birthday celebrations of her twins, Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella, who will turn seven on December 10.

Speaking to Paris Match, Prince Albert of Monaco said: “She was really exhausted. General exhaustion, physical and moral.

“She does not suffer from any serious or incurable disease. It is not a couple problem either. Our couple is absolutely not in danger, I want to be clear on this point.

“It is really the consequence of all the operations she has undergone in recent months.”

The Monegasque ruler insisted his family remained his “priority” as he urged for “tranquility” as Charlene continues to recover.

JUST IN: The touching pastime William has passed on to George, Charlotte and Louis

He continued: “She needs peace, rest, tranquility, and appeasement. Everyone needs to understand that. I say it kindly: leave her alone, leave us alone for a while.

“They [the twins]  support her in her recovery by sending her a lot of love.

“They also know that they will have messages from her very soon and that we will go see her as soon as possible.”

Albert however conceded Princess Charlene’s health did affect their children, as he revealed Jacques and Gabriella have now been pulled from school and have been following their lessons from the palace.

READ MORE: Meghan told to ‘think carefully’ when using royal title as ‘increasing ambitions’ exposed

Prince Albert said he had taken the decision with Charlene “when we understood that the situation was going to continue”

Princess Charlene previously was forced to skip Monaco’s National Day on November 19 celebrations, which Jacques and Gabriella attended with their father.

Princess Caroline of Monaco and Princess Stephanie, sisters to Albert, also were at the parade alongside their families.

Charlene’s last public outing with the family was in January 2021, when she visited Monaco Cathedral for the ceremony commemorating Sainte Devote, Monaco’s patron saint.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.