Queen dealt Platinum Jubilee blow – 'Will be marred by Prince Andrew court case'


Prince Andrew, 61, is currently involved in a civil lawsuit that sees allegations of rape and sexual assault being brought against him by a Jeffrey Epstein victim, Virginia Giuffre. The Duke of York has always strenuously denied her allegations.

Court documents have revealed that the case facing the Queen’s second son is to go ahead as quickly as possible.

Overseeing the case, Judge Lewis Kaplan has ruled that all disclosures and depositions should be completed before July next year.

This ruling has been made with the agreement of both parties.

The July completion date comes just weeks after the 95-year-old monarch is due to celebrate her Platinum Jubilee from June 2 to June 5.

As a result, it is likely that key moments in the case will be heard in the run-up to the official celebrations to mark Queen Elizabeth II’s time as ruler.

The sovereign’s jubilee celebrations will be ongoing throughout 2022.

These celebrations will see members of the Royal Family – not including Andrew – travel around the country and overseas to mark the significant milestone.

Any amendments to the proceedings facing the Duke in a New York court will need to be made by December 15.

READ MORE: Harry, Meghan, Lilibet and Archie may visit Oprah to celebrate holiday

The legal papers – which concern the accusations against the Duke – also show the US civil case has been acknowledged by UK courts.

Within the civil suit, Ms Giuffre – now 38 – alleges she was trafficked by convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein to have sex with Andrew on three separate occasions when she was underage, according to US law.

She is currently suing Andrew for unspecified damages through the US civil lawsuit.

The father-of-two insists he has “no recollection” of ever meeting Ms Giuffre, previously Ms Roberts.

This is despite there being a photo appearing to show the two of them together, reportedly having been taken in Ghislaine Maxwell’s home in Belgravia in 2001.

Ms Giuffre, alleges the image was taken after a night out at Tramp nightclub in Mayfair when she became a victim of the late sex offender.

Earlier this month, the Metropolitan Police said it was taking no action over Ms Giuffre’s claims.

The force said they conducted two reviews of recent material into claims, but following these reviews, they decided to drop their investigation.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.