‘She's his mother!’ Ranvir Singh sympathises with Queen as Andrew stripped of titles


Ranvir Singh, 44, stepped in to replace Lorraine Kelly on her ITV chat show on Friday morning. During the show, Ranvir and royal editor, Russell Myers, discussed the announcement from Buckingham Palace that Prince Andrew had lost his honorary military titles and royal patronages.

A statement from the Palace stated: “With the Queen’s approval and agreement, The Duke of York’s military affiliations and Royal patronages have been returned to The Queen.

“The Duke of York will continue not to undertake any public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen.”

Andrew is facing a court showdown after a judge in New York ruled that Virginia Giuffre’s civil lawsuit against him could go ahead.

Ms Giuffre is suing the Duke for alleged claims of sexual assault when she was a teenager. 

READ MORE:Amanda Holden, 50, risks revealing too much in figure-hugging blouse

His lawyers had previously cited a 2009 settlement between convicted sex offender Epstein and the Duke’s accuser, Ms Giuffre, as grounds for the dismissal.

They argued Ms Giuffre had waived her right to pursue a claim against the royal.  However, Judge Lewis A Kaplan said the case could continue, adding that this ruling did not determine the “truth or falsity” of Ms Giuffre’s complaint.

The next day Andrew was summoned by the Queen at Windsor Castle.

The Queen’s decision represents the Duke’s complete removal from official royal life and he will no longer use the title His Royal Highness (HRH) in any official capacity.

A royal source said the issue had been widely discussed with the Royal Family and the military posts would be redistributed to other members.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.