Simon Cowell called time on The X Factor earlier this year after confirmed the talent show would not be returning after its 17 year run. However, I
Simon Cowell called time on The X Factor earlier this year after confirmed the talent show would not be returning after its 17 year run. However, ITV viewers will be treated to a brand new show later this year as the music mogul will return with Walk The Line hosted by Maya Jama who announced the news on Tuesday.
Sharing a picture of herself with Simon on Instagram, the caption read: “Good news gang.
“From watching taken shows made by this man growing up to hosting one myself on big bloody ITV is honestly a dream.
“I don’t want to get all deep on here but the journey has been a mad one and I am so so grateful for the opportunity and excited for this next chapter.
“Walk The Line…coming soon…[be right back] I’m going to scream off my balcony.”
Read more: Maya Jama’s appearance at NTAs sends ITV viewers into frenzy
The longer an act stays in the competition, the larger the prize pot and the harder the decision will be.
Maya said: “If someone said to me, describe your dream job. It would be this!
“I literally couldn’t be more excited to be working with Syco, Lifted Entertainment and the incredible team at ITV on Walk The Line.”
ITV’s head of entertainment Kate Rawcliffe added: “Maya is an exciting talent who brings a fresh energy, star power and stellar credentials to Walk The Line.
“We’re looking forward to working with her and introducing this brilliant new format to viewers later in 2021.”
Walk The Line, produced by Simon’s company Syco Entertainment and ITV productions was unveiled in July.
The music mogul said: “I am thrilled to be working with Lifted Entertainment and ITV on this new project.
“I’m very excited at giving musical talent the opportunity to transform their lives like never before.”
Walk The Line will debut on ITV later this year.