Teenager ‘sick and disorientated’ after being 'spiked' in her wrist on night out

Leah Wolstenholme, 18, who attends Nottingham Trent University, said she had “barely” consumed any alcohol before being spiked and left in a “state”. Leah had been out in Nottingham.

Speaking to ITV’s Good Morning Britain, Leah’s mother, Karen, described how her daughter “was in a real panicked state” and “very peaky.”

Karen said: “She wasn’t talking any sense and just scared really.”

Karen then detailed the “mark was on her right wrist”, describing the situation as “scary”.

Other women in Nottingham have suspected being spiked and recalled finding needle marks on their bodies while enjoying their nights out.

READ MORE: GMB backlash as Richard Madeley slammed for ‘victim-blaming’

Zara Owen, 19, said she woke up with a limp and a “pinprick” visible on her leg after attending Nottingham’s Pryzm nightclub last week.

Ms Owen said that she could only remember entering the venue and heading in the direction of the bar before her memory disappeared.

Taking to Twitter, she said: “I woke up fine, no hangover or anything but a sharp agonising pain in my leg.”

She then prepared to make her way to her university campus, before realising: “I had a massive limp. If my memory was there I would’ve neglected this but this is a thing that never, ever happens to me and it really confused me.”

Responding in a statement, nightclub Stealth said: “In recent weeks two of our customers have reported feeling unwell and suspected they may have been spiked.

“Both were seen by our on site medic who made sure they were appropriately looked after, were able to safely leave the venue, and we are currently liaising with police to aid in their ongoing investigations.”

Superintendent Kathryn Craner said: “We are currently investigating reports of individuals suspecting that their drinks have been spiked.

“Linked to this a small number of victims have said that they may have felt a scratching sensation as if someone may have spiked them physically.

“Consequently we are actively investigating all these reports.”

Nottinghamshire Police arrested a 20-year-old man in relation to the spiking reports, who was later released on bail.

On the arrest, Superintendent Craner added: “This arrest comes as part of our ongoing investigations into alleged spiking reports in the city. The man has now been bailed with conditions as we continue to investigate.”

The force said that they received the first report of spiking with “something sharp” on October 2.

Since 4 September, 32 reports have been made to the force of spiking through contaminated drinks.

Nottinghamshire Police said: “These figures have increased throughout October with the largest number of reports being made last weekend.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.