— Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed’s editors. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission.
We all know Prime Day is a great time to score a great deal on a single product, but did you know it’s also an awesome time to save on Amazon’s subscription services? You can get big discounts on things like Prime Video add-ons, Amazon Music Unlimited, and my favorite, a 30-day free trial of Audible.
Get expert shopping advice delivered to your phone. Sign up for text message alerts from the deal-hunting nerds at Reviewed.
Most Amazon Prime members already know about perks like free 2-day shipping, but if you’ve been sleeping on the cadre of subscription and add-on services boasted by Bezos’ brood, you’re missing out. Fortunately, there’s no better time to start than Prime Day, when a ton of these services are offering extended free trials or major discounts on their subscriptions. Here are our favorites.
The best Amazon subscriptions for Prime Day 2021
- 30-day free trial of Kindle Unlimited: Just for Prime Day, Prime members can get a full month (just about) of Kindle Unlimited—Amazon’s book rental service that gives you access to a ton of Kindle editions of books, for as long as you’re subscribed—for no charge. This basically means you can start your free trial, read as many books as you can in 30 days, and cancel before you’re ever charged anything. Just remember that if you don’t cancel, your subscription will automatically be renewed for $9.99/month afterward.
- 2 months of Amazon Prime Video channels for $1.98 (Save $6 to $20): Tons of streaming channels, including Starz, Showtime, Epix and more are currently priced at just 99 cents per month for two months, saving you up to 91% off the normal $3.99 to $10.99 you’d typically pay per month. Note that your subscription will auto-renew at the channel’s regular price after the two months are through.
- 3 free months of Amazon Music Unlimited: Another deal especially for Prime Day—you can try out Amazon Music Unlimited for three whole months without paying a thing. Normally you only get a one-month trial and then pay $9.99/month, so getting to try out Amazon’s fairly robust music streaming service for a quarter of a year is a pretty solid deal. Just remember that the service will auto-renew when your three months are up!
- 30-day free trial of Audible Plus/Audible Premium: Another awesome option for book lovers, Audible—Amazon’s acquired audiobook service, which brings you soothing, gravitas-filled, often famous voices reading books out loud to you—can be had for 30 days free of charge. This is an especially cool deal if you often find yourself too busy to sit down and read, but you have time to listen to music and podcasts. Just remember that after 30 days, you’re getting hit with a renewal charge of $7.95 (for Audible Plus) or $14.95 (for Audible Premium).
- 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime: If you aren’t an Amazon Prime member yet (which kind of begs the question, what are you doing here?), now’s the time! If you want to take advantage of all the great Prime Day deals happening today and tomorrow (June 21-22), you need to be a Prime member. You could easily grab this 30-day trial and then grab up all these other free trials and pay nothing. Just remember that Prime will renew for $12.99/month after 30 days.
- Subscribe & Save deals: Finally, if you’re already a Prime member and aren’t interested in the glug of streaming content, Kindle, audiobooks, and so on that you can save on today, you should at least check out the array of Amazon Subscribe & Save deals on display today and tomorrow. Not all of these are heavily discounted, but it’s a service that already shaves 15% off of what you’re buying. If you find a nonstop deluge of Amazon packages already showing up at your door, you should probably consider bundling some of it with a Subscribe & Save package.
Looking for hard-to-find essentials? Sign up for our Resources by Reviewed newsletter.
The product experts at Reviewed have all your shopping needs covered. Follow Reviewed on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest deals, reviews, and more.
Prices were accurate at the time this article was published but may change over time.