CN Traveller Readers’ Choice Awards are extremely prestigious awards, and on one 2021 list, the UK was named twice. The Awards looked at the best destinations, islands, airlines, spas and train journeys.
In first place was Seven Stars in Kyushu Japan, followed by the Rocky Mountaineer in North America.
In Third place was The Ghan in Australia.
And in fourth pace was the first UK train to make the list.
The Belmond British Pullman offers luxury journeys throughout Britain.
The 1920s restored train takes Britons to “vibrant cities, ancient castles, stately homes and celebrated sporting events”.
Journeys can be taken to Bath, York or Canterbury.
There are also themed journeys, such as “The Golden Age of Travel by Steam” or “Champagne Afternoon Tea”.
Most trips are day trips, with prices such as £500 per person for the Champagne Afternoon, which lasts three hours and 20 minutes.
The second UK train to make the list was also a Belmond train.
The Belmond Royal Scotsman was ninth on the list.
The best trains in the world 2021
10. Belmond Andean Explorer, Peru
9. Belmond Royal Scotsman, UK
8. El Transcantabrico Gran Lujo, Spain
7. The Pride of Africa – Rovos Rail, Africa
6. Palace on Wheels, India
5. Eastern & Oriental Express, A Belmond Train, Asia
4. Belmond British Pullman, UK
3. The Ghan, Australia
2. Rocky Mountaineer, North America
1. Seven Stars in Kyushu, Japan